Disability & Absence Management
Disability benefits now make up nearly one-half of the insurance costs for your employees. Did you know:
- The average annual premium per employee was $785 for WCB, $492 for Long Term Disability, and $335 for Short Term Disability coverage.
- Stress and psychiatric disorders make up 35% of all disability claims.
- The hidden costs of disability (lost productivity, absenteeism) are estimated to cost Canadian employers $30 billion a year.
- Canadian workers lost an average of 9.1 work days to disability in recent studies. B.C. employees had the highest absenteeism at 10.5 days. (source - Stats Canada)
ENCOMPASS Benefits & HR Consultants works closely with employers to limit this impact on their company. An effective plan has two key elements:
Absenteeism Prevention - creating an environment and implementing procedures to:
- Limit absences to valid reasons only.
- Create an atmosphere that encourages employees to limit their absences.
- Early intervention and assistance for at-risk employees.
- Reduction of at-work causes of disability.
- Revision of group plan.
Disability Management - when an employee actually becomes disabled, these actions can reduce the actual cost of the disability and return the employee to work faster:
- Early intervention.
- Rehabilitation - Physician and Vocational.
- Graduated return to work.
- Modification of job duties and ergonomic changes.
- Integration with other programs (CPP, etc).
Let ENCOMPASS help you increase productivity and manage your time lost. If you would like further information on these programs, contact us.