Congratulations! You’ve found the perfect hire..but they decline the employment offer. Or you’ve hired the ideal candidate…and see them leave after 6 months. Time, money and effort have been invested in your recruitment practices, only to fall short when it counts. After all, you are trying to recruit a great employee, aren’t you?
Of course! So why limit the investing to recruitment? An accepted employment offer does not guarantee an employee will stay. Your source of frustration may lie within your compensation package. Ask yourself the following questions:
- Are we paying competitively with similar positions in the area?
- Is our benefit program comprehensive?
- Similar to what comparable employers are offering?
- What bonuses are offered?
- Are they based on performance, and if so, are they obtainable?
- Is there interest from staff in a Pension Plan or RRSP?
- Is profit sharing available?
- What about vacation pay? Recognition awards?
If you answered “I don’t know” or “I’m unsure”, your compensation package most likely needs attention. At ENCOMPASS Benefits & HR Solutions Inc., our HR Specialists can assist in reviewing your current strategy and provide options to help you attract talent and retain staff.